Navy Chic Bridesmaids
Beautiful bride Elizabeth chose the Ingrid Dress in Navy by Pia Gladys Perey for her gorgeous bridesmaids.
The dresses were styled with a metallic belt, rather than the original belt which comes with the dress. This has modernised the look and style, and suits the location of her wedding.
The lovely baby’s breath bouquets lighten the darker shade of Navy. The girls all have an up-do hairstyle, showing off the drop style earrings, and also the one shoulder detail of the Ingrid dress.
1. Full name (or the name your order was made under): Elizabeth Evans
2. Bride’s and groom’s names: Liz and Pete
3. About the couple – How did you meet? How did he propose?
We met in a university class where I’ve recently found out he bribed the tutor to allow him to be in my assignment group.
I arrived home one Saturday afternoon after a big work event, and found a trail of rose petals leading to a single chair at our dining room table that was positioned in front of a laptop. The laptop had a note that said ‘Press Play’ and he’d put together a slideshow of pictures of us with our song playing over the top. At the end of the slideshow he had recorded asking my Dad for his permission to marry me, after which I turned around and he was down on one knee.
4. Bridesmaid dresses – Why did you choose the particular style or colour?
I had the Charlie’s Angels of beautiful bridesmaids (one of each; brunette, blonde, red and black) with varying skin tones so navy was the best colour to suit each. I fell in love with the Ingrid dress as I wanted the girls to look timeless and be comfortable, although I wanted them to decide so I sent them all a link to the Pia Gladys Perey dresses to let them choose any style that they each wanted and they all went with the Ingrid as well. As their flowers were relatively plain I decided to team it with a solid silver belt to add a little contrast. They received so many compliments on them and I’ve had people that I don’t know contact me via social media to ask where they were from!
5. The details:
– What the bride wore – The Pronovias Levan gown.
– Hair & Makeup – Hair by Milena at Hair Avenue, Make Up by Marie Liberatore (The Messy Bun blog)
– Flowers/Bouquets – Bouquets, Cake and Floral Installation by Signature Floral Design
– Reception – Reception at Sandalford Winery in the Swan Valley
– Décor – by Bridal Creations
– Wedding Cake – Anna’s Cakes
– Music/Entertainment – DJ Carlo & the Groom
– Bonbonniere – We decorated small pots and placed succulents in them
6. A tip for upcoming brides-to-be
Every wedding will have slip ups (we had cyclone Olwyn hit on the commencement of our outdoor ceremony at 1pm, and in our eyes it made it that much more amazing). Just remember that the day is about the two of you celebrating your love, surrounded by your favourite people.. Beyond that, nothing else matters!
7. How was your overall experience with White Runway?
Amazing!!! Communication was brilliant and I could not be happier with the girls’ dresses and neither could they. It suited them all perfectly and they looked smoking!