Tips for creating a realistic wedding budget.
Every girl has mental notes and ideas of what her wedding day will look like. And in some cases, many guys also have that imagery in their heads. However, what often prevents us from reaching and achieving those goals are financial concerns. Fortunately, having limited finances doesn't mean that you can't plan a perfect wedding on a budget.
Weddings can be pretty expensive ventures with the average Australian wedding costs around $36,000 according to Moneysmart. This is an enormous amount of money to spend on your dream day.
Common wedding costs include:
venue and decor hire
food, catering and alcohol
ceremony and rings
clothing and accessories
cars, hair, makeup
wedding night accommodation
However, with a little creativity and innovation, you can easily plan a wedding without the five-figure wedding budget you have stuck in your head!
Ideas for Getting the Wedding You Always Wanted
Planning a wedding can be loads of fun and it can be much more exciting if you're able to do it on a budget.
Try these great tips to plan your dream wedding on a budget:
1. Limit the guest list. Of course, you would want to invite all of your friends and family members from around the globe to your wedding. However, if you're planning a wedding ceremony that's meaningful and affordable, then you may want to invite only the guests who are closest to you.
- Don't worry about it - people will understand that times are rough financially and will still wish you only the best.
- Make the most of who you can invite and treat them to a special celebration!
2. Choose an affordable location. In a lot of cases, people spend tons of money on the perfect venue for their wedding and reception. However, you can still get that perfection by beautifying a less expensive venue or location. You'd be surprised at how easily simplicity can turn into perfection!
Think outside the box for wedding venues.
- Do you have a friend with a fabulous backyard?
- Are you opposed to getting married in a registry office?
- Would the park across the street serve as a wonderful location for your wedding?
3. Make your own invitations. This is one of the easiest ways to save money while planning your big dream wedding. There are many websites available where you can buy basic accessories and raw materials to make your own wedding invitations that won't cost a fortune.
- There's no need to accommodate the hefty price tag extended by graphic designers and printers who make wedding invitations.
Get your creative juices flowing and make some of the most beautiful invitations you have ever seen.
4. Rent instead of purchase. Why not avoid the madness and take the route of renting your bridesmaids' dresses, tuxedos, and whatever else you can for the bridal party?
Although you may think your wedding gown is one thing you might not be willing to cut costs for, at White Runway you can still find your perfect wedding dress without sending yourself broke.
5. Utilise family and friends. It's very likely that you have friends or family members who have talents that could prove very useful for your wedding and help save you paying top prices from vendors.
· Catering, is your biggest expense, so plan accordingly, for example, is the catering something that you could get done by your trusty cousin who just completed a culinary degree. Hiring a caterer or organising great food yourself will cut the total budget dramatically.
- Your best friend who works at the flower shop down the street could provide floral arrangements.
- A good wedding photographer can easily set you back thousands, and unfortunately, there's no guarantee you'll like the photos in any case. If you happen to know someone who enjoys photography, you could potentially offer them a small fee to take your wedding photos.
- Do you have a friend who is a DJ, musician or even magician?
Skip the fancy wedding cake while everybody loves cake, that doesn't mean you need to splurge on a three-tier wedding cake. An elaborate cake can set you back hundreds of dollars. And more often than not, guests are having too much fun to even notice what kind of cake you served.
It's very possible to have the wedding day you always wanted at a budget your pocket will definitely appreciate. Although all brides-to-be would love a stylish cake to impress their guests, it doesn't mean you can't create that effect yourself- so why not bake your own? Look up ideas online and you'll probably even find a step-by-step guide of how to go about making one online.
Spend a little time thinking about what's available to you and what options you can utilise to get your dream wedding on a budget!